Coherent VersaPulse HELP-G:
Three different lasers are in this device:
- Alexandrite 755 – Removes/lightens brown spots, age spots, skin hyperpigmentation and melasma. Can be used to treat acne blackheads. Effective in treating blue, black, and green tattoos.
- Nd:YAG 532 – Also effective in treating brown skin lesions and discoloration. Removes red, orange, yellow, purple, and violet tattoo inks
- Nd:YAG 1064 – Effectively treats deep skin hyperpigmentation from old trauma, wounds, or inflammation. Also treats blue and black tattoos.
Cynosure V-Star Pulsed Dye Laser:
This vascular laser is able to treat all of the same conditions as the KTP 532 Long Pulse laser. The V-Star laser can be used in bruising or non-bruising settings. Very effective to help resolve common warts and other benign skin lesions including sebaceous hyperplasia, molluscum contagiosum, and genital/perianal warts.
This revolutionary laser has changed the nature of “ablative” laser resurfacing. Visit the FRAXEL™ laser page for more information.
KTP 532 Long Pulse – Highly effective vascular laser that treats red discoloration of the skin from chronic flushing/blushing, photodamage, and rosacea. Removes visible spider veins on the face, trunk, and legs. Treats congenital hemangiomas and port wine stains. Effective in treating red marks from inflamed acne. Helps flatten hypertrophic and keloid scars. Improves brown spots, red spots, and stimulates collagen. This laser does not bruise the skin.
Nd:YAG 1064 Long Pulse: Effective at treating vascular lesions, birthmarks, and leg veins. Stimulates collagen formation. Used for laser hair reduction in people of all skin colors.
This laser has three different laser applications in the same device.
- Erbium YAG Short Pulse – This laser removes the skin completely, leaving behind almost no thermal heat injury. Very useful to destroy benign skin lesions superficially with no or minimal scar. Used to improve scars. Special cosmetic applications include:
- Arctic Peel – a superficial laser peel that removes only a partial layer of the skin surface. Combined with a cold air device to chill and numb the skin. Useful for photodamage on the face, neck, chest, arms, and hands.
- Laser micropeel – just like the Arctic Peel, except more aggressive.Used on the face only.
- Erbium YAG Long Pulse – This laser is combined with the Erbium YAG – short pulse to add extra thermal heating to the skin not ablated. This is helpful in treating premalignant actinic keratosis as well as superficial basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers. Cosmetically, these two Erbium YAG lasers are used to ablatively resurface the face for dramatic improvement in photoaging and acne scars. Known in our practice as “Facial Laser Sculpture™”, this aggressive laser procedure gives the benefits of C02 laser resurfacing with much less (5% or less) of a chance of developing permanent skin lightening.
- Nd:YAG 1064 Long Pulse – This laser can be used to treat blue leg veins (reticular veins) and red spider veins. The same laser is the laser used in our practice for laser hair reduction. We have two of these lasers in our practice in both the Sciton™ and the Gemini™